Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Steampunk the Silken Moon Way!

In my last post I talked about the event called Fashion for Life. The Time Traveller Outfit in brown was one of the exclusive designs made by PurpleMoon for this event.  Sadly, this item is no longer available and I'm not sure if it will come out again. I did check with PurpleMoon's management, who's checking with Poulet. As soon as I get an answer so will you! Until then I want to go into what else I used for this styling.


To have an awesome steam punk styling you need the right skin. Silken Moon Silke did the trick with Silken Moon's make up lip Smoochers and eyeshadow Elements. When you buy Silke skin, you will receive the skin and appliers for Slink hands and feet. Cost? Only 250Ls! The lips Smoochers comes in a pack of 5 colors with an open lip option.  While the Elements eyeshadow comes in a color pallet of 6.  The Smoochers lipstick set cost 100Ls and the Elements eyeshadows is 75Ls. Total cost spent at Silken Moon for this awesome steam punk skin & makeup.... 450Ls!

Next I wanted to add a touch of messy hair, Exile Collide in a frost white suited nicely! What I love about using Exile hair is it being modifiable. I was able to move pieces of the mesh hair to fit under the top hat. I love it when it all works out like that! Don't you? Next accessories!

When accessorizing for a steam punk look you need to think 'futuristic' or at least that's what I do.  I thought eyepatch Monocle would fit for that theme in mind and for 60Ls it's a good buy. The eyepatch Monocle has a little machine on the eye glass tinted in gold, which I think is very cool. I then added the Wrought Iron Whimsybrella created from Weather! Or Not. This Wrought Iron Whimsybrella came with a color HUD of 12 colors. Please know the iron is not what changes colors, but within the iron there is a gem that lights up. The Wrought Iron Whimsybrella also comes with an animation pose that has you hold the umbrella. 

AND there you have it! Steam Punk the Silken Moon way!

Please Note: Again, I'll keep you updated if the Time Traveller Outfit comes out again at PurpleMoon. The Time Traveller Outfit comes with hat, shoes, jacket, and skirt.


The links below will take you straight to the items that I am wearing in the pictures.

Silken Moon - Silke: Light Warm





No comments:

Post a Comment